Sunday, November 28, 2010
Two years ago our sweet Madeleine Grace joined our family the day before Thanksgiving. The moment she was born our eyes met and our souls spoke to each other. When Noelle saw her, it was a blissful reunion. She knew exactly who she was and was so happy to have her back.
Madeleine has brought love and happiness beyond measure to her family. And maybe a moment or two of exasperation. ;)
Here's some things going on in Madeleine's world:
- Talking and talking and talking. Although, a translated is usually required.
- Loves to eat. And I mean EAT. She goes at each meal as if it's her last.
- I know no other child who is such a dog lover. One is in our future. Yikes.
- Loves to call people. She has a short very list: Auntie, Grandma and recently added: Auntie M. Once in a while Daddy.
- She is a skypeing fool.
- Madeleine is a favorite in nursery at church. I am told it's because she's the only one who does not cry for Mommy & Daddy. Atta girl!
- As with most siblings they have a love/hate relationship. I wish it were heavier on the love side of things.
- Madeleine has no idea she is a baby. For real. She points to children older than her and says, "Oh! A baby!" She thinks there is nothing off limits to her. As in finding a stool climbing on the counter and waving large knives around.
- Mess Maker should be her nickname. Blueberries, make-up, sprinkles, milk, lotion, cheese, clothes, toothpaste, shampoo, you name it...she's messed it.
- Loves the potty. YEA!
- Great napper, if it were not for her 2-3 hour naps, I fear I would not survive.
- Our little snuggle bug, kissy girl, high fiver, and hugger.
- Loves naming body parts, her own and others. Fingers, toes, teeth, eyes, oh my!
I love you so much Madeleine.
Thank you for choosing me to be your Mommy. Watching you learn and grow each day is my greatest joy. I am so excited to see what the future brings us.
Her birthday was a fun day spent at home recovering from Thanksgiving. We had yummy german pancakes in the morning, played during the day, and after nap time lots of friends came over for cupcakes. She loved every minute of it. Even the cake wreck Mommy made. It tasted way better than it looked.
Our little family is blessed beyond measure.