Next was onto the birthday party! My poor girl was so tired and would not take a nap so we just went fast so we could get her to bed. I was so excited for her cake and although it did turn out cute, it was nothing like I had envisioned.
I just had too much to do given her birthday and the holiday.
I don't think she knew what to do when we put this huge thing in front of her. She just kept licking it. After we cut it and she got a piece she loved squishing it in between her fingers. Such a wonderful mess!
Here are some facts about our precious girl:
- She smiles and waves at everyone.
- Gives kisses on command (albeit sometimes they are open mouthed & WET!)
- She is a lover of ALL things food! Fruit, crackers, meat, bread, yogurt, cereal, vegetables.
- Her favorite toys are those that open and close. So intriguing.
- She has the best laugh.
- Has a great set of chompers and bites her Mama. I've got little bruises everywhere.
- She loves her family. Anytime Mommy, Daddy or Sister walk in the room she lights up.
- She loves to climb the stairs, it makes her Mommy panic.
- Very early riser. Ugh.
- Has quite a temper and an angry squeal.
- Is a snuggle bear.
- Is a pianist. Crawls over the the piano and reaches up to tap the keys.
- No walking yet but she's taken her time doing everything else, too.
- Says: Mama, Dada, Nana, and Uh-Oh
- I could go on for days....
There are no words to tell you, Madeleine, how much we love you!
You've brought so much joy to us and made us a family unit. We're excited to watch you grow and develop. There is no greater blessing than being your parents. You are an absolute dream come true.
Thank you for picking me to be your Mommy, Madeleine Gracie-Girl!
Height: 29 1/4 inches - 53%
Weight: 21 lbs 12 oz - 62%