Thursday, December 3, 2009

Our One Year Old

Our darling baby girl is no longer considered an infant.
It is so very, very bittersweet.
I was up the night before until 2:00 am getting things ready. By 7:00am I was in the kitchen, back at it again. We got over to Auntie's by 2:00 and the power had just gone out. We finally got the generator going (yea for camping!) and the cooking back on track. We finally ate and I must say it was the BEST thanksgiving meal I have ever had. It was a great meal to share with our dear family that we love so much. It was a fantastic day!


Next was onto the birthday party! My poor girl was so tired and would not take a nap so we just went fast so we could get her to bed. I was so excited for her cake and although it did turn out cute, it was nothing like I had envisioned.

I just had too much to do given her birthday and the holiday.

I don't think she knew what to do when we put this huge thing in front of her. She just kept licking it. After we cut it and she got a piece she loved squishing it in between her fingers. Such a wonderful mess!

Lastly, it was presents. We got a couple of fun toys, an outfit and couple of stuffed animals. One of which sings Happy Birthday in Grandma Honey's voice. So cute.

All in all, it was such a great day! The power outage threw things off and sort of messed a few things up. I didn't get to put up all the cute birthday decorations I got and we were so rushed but there is so, so, so much to be Thankful for and we are blessed beyond words! By 6:30 I was literally dead on my feet. We went home and went to bed

Here are some facts about our precious girl:

  • She smiles and waves at everyone.
  • Gives kisses on command (albeit sometimes they are open mouthed & WET!)
  • She is a lover of ALL things food! Fruit, crackers, meat, bread, yogurt, cereal, vegetables.
  • Her favorite toys are those that open and close. So intriguing.
  • She has the best laugh.
  • Has a great set of chompers and bites her Mama. I've got little bruises everywhere.
  • She loves her family. Anytime Mommy, Daddy or Sister walk in the room she lights up.
  • She loves to climb the stairs, it makes her Mommy panic.
  • Very early riser. Ugh.
  • Has quite a temper and an angry squeal.
  • Is a snuggle bear.
  • Is a pianist. Crawls over the the piano and reaches up to tap the keys.
  • No walking yet but she's taken her time doing everything else, too.
  • Says: Mama, Dada, Nana, and Uh-Oh
  • I could go on for days....

There are no words to tell you, Madeleine, how much we love you!

You've brought so much joy to us and made us a family unit. We're excited to watch you grow and develop. There is no greater blessing than being your parents. You are an absolute dream come true.

Thank you for picking me to be your Mommy, Madeleine Gracie-Girl!

Oh, what a difference a year makes!

STATS:

Height: 29 1/4 inches - 53%

Weight: 21 lbs 12 oz - 62%

3 comments:

Denise Stears said...

How fun, sorry about the power outage though. I can't believe she is 1 already. I can't wait to see you guys at Christmas.

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

{it's about time!!!}

Sounds like a fun & adventurous day. :)

Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Little Madeleine! We love you.
Jacob & Georgie, John & Kelsi, too.

KickButtMommy said...

She is a darling girl!