Tuesday, November 25, 2008

We're Off

I got a call yesterday afternoon that there would be a change in plans and I will be going in this morning instead of this evening. Kind of messed up my plans, but that's OK. She'll be here 12 hours earlier. So, I am up right now, the house is still quiet and dark. I will spend many nights/mornings like this over the next few weeks/months.

I had plans to make a nice dinner as our 'last night' together as a family of three but the change in plans changed that, too. Instead we dined with a $5 Little Cesaers Pizza and drank Crystal Light. I put Noelle to bed by myself, Daddy normally does it but I wanted to be with her. I laid there forever feeling her soft skin, smelling her smell, and listening to her breath. I could have stayed there all night. I cannot believe how big she is and how fiercely I love her. All I can hope is that she is this change is a positive one for her, that she loves having a baby around, and does not feel abandoned in any way.

Then Aaron and I got our blankets and got comfy on the couch, ate Oreos with milk while we watched a couple of shows in our DVR. Of course, I fell asleep, as always. Nothing special but typical of us, except the Oreos. That was a totally random purchase when I ran to the store for a couple of things. I wanted something random.

I just feel so blessed to have an opportunity to be in this situation. I really am blessed.

We will update as soon as we can!

7 comments:

Pam said...

I am so excited for you! All of you! What an exciting time:) I will be thinking of you and I cannot wait to hear all about it. Truly is a Happy Thanksgiving for the Jones family!!

Suzanne said...

That sounds like a nice quiet evening. I'll be thinking about you guys.

Kelly said...

Good Luck! We will be thinking of you. Make sure to let someone know so we can help with whatever you need. :)

Denise Stears said...

Good luck with everything. I can't wait to see her. She is going to be so sweet. Hang in there Aaron, you are probably feeling a little more nervous than Elizabeth right now. It's just how husbands are. We love you guys. It's such a miracle and blessing to have a new addition to the family.

KickButtMommy said...

Good luck Elizabeth and baby Madeline. I am sure it will go wonderfully and I can't wait to see the new addition.

Anonymous said...

Your post about Noelle was so sweet-it made me teary eyed! She will love "her baby" and you heart will expand even more than it has! Good luck with everything! I can't wait to hear the news! Yippee, another beautiful girl!!!

Melissa said...

Wow, how time flies. Sometimes things don't go the exact way we want them to, but when the result is a beautiful baby brand new from heaven, who cares. Right? I remember when we first introduced Annalyce to Peyton, it was SO sweet seeing her immediate love for her sister. Makes me teary eyed just thinking about it. Love you!