Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmastime

Tonight we went to our Church's annual Creche display. It huge and it's beautiful! Hundreds and hundreds of different Nativity scenes of all different shapes, colors and sizes. There was even a teeny-tiny one squeezed into half of a pistachio shell. This event is put on by our church but it is totally non-denominational. Each night they have music by different choirs and musicians. Tonight is the last night and the parking lot was packed.

This year I feel like I have been doing nothing but running in circles. I'm so busy, I'm hardly enjoying myself. But I sure am trying to make it special for my darling Noelle and she is loving it. She really is 'getting' it more this year and there are no words to explain seeing the joy of Christmas through your child's eyes.

As we were getting ready to head over to the church tonight I was talking to Noelle about how we celebrate Christmas becuse it's Jesus' birthday. I know she's heard it before but this time her little face lit up, she caught her breath, broke into a huge smile and said, "Jesus and I both have birthday's in December!" Then as we were looking at all the nativity scenes, in the corner there was a Swedish puppet show (sounds weird but was neat) she saw baby Jesus in the manger and said, "Look Jesus is a baby like my sister and I was a baby, too." She was so excited by these little epiphanies.

And when she came downstairs this morning and saw all the lights and garland hung around the house she let out a big gasp and told me that the house looked, "Beautiful!"

I love her so much and I'm so glad she's mine.

No comments: