Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Loose Ends...

Yesterday I took care of some loose ends.

I had my last appointment with Dr. Tamagna which went well...very short and sweet.

I also saw Dr. Cooper and he is over the moon that we get to move to New Mexico and told me he would come visit.

I asked him if he agreed with Tamagna that I should have my thyroid removed. His responded in his big, booming, brash, New York Jewish accent: "She's a genius. I would do whatever the hell she told me to do."

Fast Forward through some political talk.

Then we got onto Mormons.

Him: "They're really my favorite kind of people. But, I must say I liked them much better before they started suing. When something happened they used to say it was God's will. Now, they just sue like everyone else."

At the end he gave me a big hug and a kiss and told me he would come sit with me at the hospital if I had surgery. My nose started to sting & it was hard for me to talk. As I drove away there was a slight heavy feeling in my chest, farewell to the other man in my life!

Then I got to have one of my favorite things in the world: a haircut! Nothing beats it, your hair all soft and shiny, smelling divine.

I am not looking forward to going through the process of finding replacements for all these people!

2 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I love that Cooper is going to come visit you. Perfect.

Jo said...

I'm going to miss you Elizabeth!