Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Grateful

...That's what I am.

I've been feeling a bit lonesome and completely overwhelmed the last couple of days.
Today was a doozy. Craziness from the minute my feet hit the floor.
So, tonight I am reminding myself of things I am grateful for.
  • Anne of Green Gables. You read that right! Julianna gave me the first two books before leaving CA because I have never read them! Can you believe it? I just finished the first and I'm in love with Anne. Oh, how I wished I lived in Avonlea!
  • My husband who picked up all the Q-tips that Madeleine left from one end of the house to the other.
  • Yummy food. Although, I don't like how it makes my pants feel. :)
  • Madeleine's adorable faces. You have to spend time with her to know what I am talking about. See her picture on the left side bar? At random intervals throughout the day she climb on your lap or crouch down in order to make eye contact with you and make versions of that silly face. It's beyond priceless.
  • Prayer.
  • Forgiveness.
  • Children's story books.
  • Listening to my husband sing my baby to sleep.
  • Sitting down to have dinner as a family. Regardless of the mind numbing craziness that lead up to it.
  • Noelle's funny mind. Examples: #1 when I picked her up from her class on Sunday she came out showing me her hand, which had a piece of paper taped to it with the emblem CTR drawn on it. I asked her what CTR meant and she very excitedly exclaimed, "Choose The Directions!" It really means: Choose The Right. #2 She loves to get the water ready for her bath. I was cleaning up after dinner and she ran into the kitchen naked as the day she was born and while patting the top of her head asked, "Can you help me with my belly button?" When she really meant to ask, "Can you help me take my hair out?" She has such a zest for life, I think it gets in the way of her brainwaves.

5 comments:

Liz Rose said...

I must have been sensing your crazy day---I was thinking about you all day, "I should really call her". But I kept talking myself out it...she's busy, maybe later....I should listen better!!! :)
You'll have to watch the movies when you're done with the books--so good!!
Hope tomorrow is better! Miss ya neighbor! :)

julianna said...

me too. i meant to call you ALL day! i am glad that Anne was there to remind you that I love you. i miss Madeline's darling faces and shreiks. I miss you! (and guess what? there is a whole campsite wait for you if you can make it out. my sister in law and her crew aren't coming to Yosemite! COme! Come COME!!!)

Amy said...

I appreciate your PO very much the picture with the article. Continues to refuel!!

Melanie said...

Oh Friendy! There is just nothing like Anne, a kindred spirit! I am so glad you are reading the books. The movies are good, but the books are really where it's at.
Speaking of kindred spirits, I sure miss you around here. I know those days when you have to take stock and remind yourself how much good there is in every day. Lovin' you!

karen said...

I just reread the first two books and it has put me in an Anne mood. Watch the movies!