Saturday, May 15, 2010

Goin' Back To Cali

I had been thinking about making a trip to California for Mothers Day but kept going back & forth. We have several trips coming up over the next month and I had no idea how Madeleine would do in the car. Late Wednesday night I decided to just do it! Packed up our clothes, made a bunch of snacks and Thursday we were off... We showed up on Auntie's doorstep at 11:15pm.

Happy Mothers Day!

It was a priceless moment.

I have lots of pictures to post. It was an amazing week. One of the best decisions I have ever made. The only bad part was coming home (and the fact that we did not get to see everyone.)

Here is one thing Julianna (and Liz) helped me get done. This was my Grandmas and she didn't have use for it any more.

Ta-Da!

Before...


After...


It was my first project like this and I learned several lessons. We've got some re-arranging to do and it will look so cute in Noelle's room!

7 comments:

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

looks so cute! love ya.

Kelly said...

That turned out so cute! Great job! It was so good seeing you. Hope it isn't long until you can come back again. It was so normal to have you around again.

Pam said...

Love the dresser! It looks awesome! So sorry I missed you---you will just have to come out again:)

Liz Rose said...

Oh, it did turn out cute!!!

Suzanne said...

Very cute. I love when old furniture gets new life.

julianna said...

i've already got a project in mind for next time to use all your new found knowledge on... :0) it was SO wonderful to have you back, if only for a week. love you!

TheKeilShpeel said...

WOw.. that turned out great.