Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Up The Mountain We Go!

Last Saturday we packed up a picnic lunch and drove up the mountain.
Can you believe that this is less than an hour drive from our house?
But as you can tell, there was a storm headed our way.
The lightening from up there was breathtaking!
Not the best planning on our part but the adventure was definitely worth it.
These girls thought they were in heaven.
I, on the other hand, was a nervous wreck!
Aaron kept assuring me they would be just fine.
My response to him was this:
"The last thing I need to be is on the evening news!"
'New Meico couple devastated because child falls off cliff.'

Finally, enormous raindrops started
falling and we hustled back to the car.
We can't wait to go back.
With Madeleine on some sort of leash, of course!

3 comments:

karen said...

looks like fun. I would have been a nervous wreck too!

Liz Rose said...

Beautiful!! Oh how i miss those girls precious faces. :)

TheKeilShpeel said...

Is it something with 2nd children that has them being the one's that wonder off and give you heart attacks. I'm thinking of Mel, Kelsi, you, me..all the seconds are just no fear babies. Looks like a fun hike.. though