Sunday, August 15, 2010

Finally...Surgery Day!!!

The week before the kids were sick and I kept hoping I would stay well. But, a couple days before hand I started to feel horrible and feverish and had a sore throat. I tried to rest, drank water like crazy, fresh squeezed lemons, honey...you name it. Aaron and a friend gave me a blessing the night before and I hoped for the best.

When I woke up my fever was fine but as we were walking out the door I felt it coming on. I was freaking out. Everything was scheduled with my kids and Aaron's days off work. Plus, I could not stand the thought of re-scheduling. I prayed for guidance, popped two ibuprofen and we headed out the door and thought "What will be...will be." Now ibuprofen is bad because is increases bleeding but I am not a bleeder, quite the contrary. What a blessing that it worked out fine.

First, I just have to say how funny Aaron was with the camera. He's not one to remember to take pictures and I did not plan on even taking it but he made me run back into the house to get it. "What about the blog?" he said. Adorable.

Checking in.

IV and adorable gown.

Pretty hat and they roll me out.
See you in a while! I'm off to take one serious nap. :)
And all of the sudden you're done!
Then you're home with an ice-pack wondering who on earth just scrambled your brains.
The doctor called me that night to check in and basically said my sinuses were one hot mess. He could not believe all the polyps and diseased, infected tissue he had to remove. Uck!
The first several days I had a headache and the strangest light-headed weird feeling. Saturday night and Sunday my throat was killllllll-ing me. One look at my tonsils and I was shocked. They were HUGE and covered in gunk. All the infection draining down my throat infecting them. That night I took two Vicodin and the pain still woke me up several times. About day 5 is when the real healing set in and my actual nose really started to hurt. The headaches have been intense and the inside of my nose feels like someone punched it. Hard.
I cannot wait to feel 100% soon. I think I am a pretty tough girl. I thought I'd be further along by now. But I am so grateful. Once in a while I get a faint smell of something and I feel hope!
See another post below!

5 comments:

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

so glad the surgery went well and you are healing... and that you can SMELL! hang in there girl, you're on your way!

Liz Rose said...

Glad it worked out. The picture of Noelle in the following post just breaks my heart!! Look at those sad, sad eyes!! Still Adorable. :) :)

KickButtMommy said...

OWEEEE! Hang in there cute girl! I am glad you got all that junk cleaned out. You are bound to feel better now.

nljones1216@hotmail.com said...

So glad you were able to finally have the surgery you have been waiting for. Get well SOON. Love ya.

Erin said...

Elizabeth! I don't know how you still look so great in surgery and everything. I'm so happy you are able to smell! Get well soon! Love ya!