Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Safely

I was running behind getting out the door for ballet this morning. I was frantically trying to dry my hair because we errands to run immediately after. I heard the beep that indicates a door has been opened but thought it was the girls going into the garage. I heard it again and thought it was them coming back in. Then all of the sudden I had this strange feeling and started to run.

I got out of the house and to the sidewalk, looked to the left, and I saw them on the corner. Noelle was prompted before I was. She started yelling, "Mommy! She was in the middle of the street!" My heart stopped beating.

We ALWAYS have the front door locked, for this very reason. I have no idea what happened. All I have done all morning is thank my Heavenly Father for keeping her safe and for sending her sister out to get her. People drive too fast down that street. I refuse to think about what could have happened.

Madeleine Grace, I love you.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

OH NO! I don't like this. We need these babies. I am so glad she is okay.

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

the little stinker! so glad she's safe and sound. <3

TheKeilShpeel said...

I do'nt like hearing these stories.. Heather and now you.. So glad someone is looking out for our angel babies. :)