Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Where We Are Right Now...


Noelle:  My first baby.  The one who made me a Mommy.  Oh, how I love her.  She is such a good, sweet girl.  Once in a blue moon she will throw me a curve ball, tell me "No!" and it is such a shock,  I hardly know how to handle myself.  Luckily, she is almost always obedient and I love being the one who gets to watch her grow.  Oh, and let us not forget what an amazing big sister she is.  Just this morning she was begging me not only to let her watch cartoons but to take her baby brother with her.  Warms my heart!  She and Madeleine are the best of friends, too.  Oh, they have their moments and know exactly how to drive each other crazy but even that can be pretty funny (and incredibly annoying!).

Disclaimer:  I am about to gloat. 

I do realize she is only in Kindergarten, but hey, the Kindergarten I went to and the one she goes to are two very different worlds.  We were able to attend her parent teacher conference this week.  When the teacher starts off, "I love Noelle!"  You know things are going well.  And then proceeds to tell you she is, "Leaps and bounds above where she needs to be."  Ya, there was no wiping that smile off my face.  Of course, I knew all of these things already but hearing it from someone who is actually qualified makes it that much better. 

She is still in ballet, she willingly goes and seems to have a good time but does not seem all that enthusiastic about it like she used to be.  A few new girls who are younger and never in ballet before were added to the class and I am wondering if that is holding her back a bit.  Maybe bored?  She wants to try soccer too, so we're looking into that.

Her two top teeth are loose, the right one is ready to pop right off, but she is not ready to have it yanked.  A few more days I think...

Lastly, she is just so pretty.  And her legs seemed to have grown at least 6 inches over the last few months.  We love you, Noellie Bellie Boo!  Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being so awesome.  :)

Madeleine:  My second baby.  The one who turned us into a 'real' family.  The one who made my heart grow by such a proportion, I didn't know it was humanly possible. 

Such a stinker.  Such a trouble maker.  So dang funny.  And I mean funny.  And I am not the only one who thinks so, everyone tells me, "That kid is so funny!"  And you know one of the reasons why she's so funny?  She's always stating the obvious.  In her little smug way, of course, strutting around.  "Ya, that's an oven.  A black oven.  My Mommy has one, too.  She makes rolls.  And she makes cookies."  Toys and playing by herself are not for her.  So, she's stuck by my side allllllll day (unless she snuck off to make some mischief). If she's not busy stating the obvious or emptying a tube of something or other, she's begging for food.  She loves fruit.  Mandarin oranges.  Bananas.  Apples.  Pears.  Pineapple.  She'll take anything.  But forget tomatoes and broccoli.  "Those are deeeeeeeeegusting!" 

Our little Boppie is incredibly affectionate.  Several times a day she begs me to stop what I am doing just for a hug and kiss.  She will gladly hop in your lap any time of day or night for some sweet snuggles.  I love it!

Although playing by herself is a rarity, the minute we are through the door after picking up her sister, they are off.  Playing...playing...playing.  Unless, of course, I give the go ahead for some TV...

Never to be out done whenever her big sister refers to school Madeleine talks about her preschool.  The slight problem with all these 'preschool statements' is that she does not go to preschool just yet.  I may have something in the works and she will be the happiest kid.

Most days you have me at what I think is my limit, but I am so glad you're mine.  You teach me to be a better person and for that I am forever thankful.  Oh, and thanks for all the laughs.

1 comment:

KickButtMommy said...

So fun to read about the big beautiful girls of yours!