Saturday, May 24, 2008

Labor of Love

Does anyone think I look happy in this picture? Aaron was not so happy either. I am in labor with Noelle and was incredibly miserable. No one was having a good time.

Aaron tried to be nice to me, but really he snickered a lot because he thought all my little comments like, "Man! This is for the birds!" were just so funny.

This is cousin Marin bringing me ice chips at the end of my labor. Why on earth did we not think of that sooner? They were pretty good!

This is Dr. Cooper. He delivered my cousin, Brian, 25 years ago. I hope he lives long enough to deliver all my babies. I love him. Have you ever had a doctor that hugs you and kisses the top of your head? I do! Then in the next sentence he uses the F-word. He is old and sweet and cranky and never gets enough sleep. It's so fun!

This was the end result. It kind of makes me choke up. She was so preciously sweet and I could not believe she was mine. I would do anything to be back in that moment. That soft brand new baby skin is like nothing else. I first time I saw her was beyond words.

Why am I posting all of this stuff? In about 6 months we will be going through all these shenanigans again! Woo-Hoo! We are beyond excited that we are having another baby.

Yes, to all of you who want to know. I plan on having another natural childbirth without pain medication.

16 comments:

Liz Rose said...

Yeah!!! I like the pictues in this post!! 6 months, thats not too long right!!!
Now natural....Natural to me means it comes out of your body.....epidural, epidural, epidural....:) jk--:)

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

What a cute way to break the news! I love it... and I cried. It really is amazing, isn't it?!?! Congratulations!! Remember, I'm here for you!!

and thanks for posting the pic of cooper, i've wondered what he looks like. sooo many people love that man.

Suzanne said...

Congratulations!

leslie coppin said...

That's totally sweet you're having another one. Just a couple weeks ago, I thought to myself...hmm Elizabeth seems to love being a mom I wonder when she'll have another? Good luck!!! How close will they be?

Erin said...

Congratulations!!! You and Aaron are wonderful parents.

Erin said...

All ya'll are great parents!

I love the music on your site.

Pam said...

Yeah! Congratulations! That is so exciting - we are very happy for the both of you! Enjoyed the pictures of Noelle's birth - she is such a doll!

Jo said...

She is so perfect and healthy looking! Very cool pics! Thanks for sharing.

Kaye said...

Congratulations....can't believe you are willingly going without pain meds...you are a much stronger woman than me....that's for sure!

Melissa said...

Such a cute post! I've never seen the brand new pics of Noelle. I would love to come down and be your doula!?! But only if you want or need me there.

Denise Stears said...

I have been waiting for you to make the announcement. I'm so excited for you. I remember the day you had Noelle, you did say some pretty funny things. I don't know how you can do the whole natural thing, you are a lot stronger than me. Good luck with the pregnancy and keep us updated.

Kim said...

Yay!! just saw the post but I'm glad the word is out. We are so happy for you.

TheKeilShpeel said...

Congrats! Thats awesome. Whoo hoo!

MaryAnn said...

Let me know if you need to borrow some maternity dresses! November is a great month to be due!

Anonymous said...

We are very excited. Can't wait to meet Noelle's baby sister or brother. Congratulations.

KickButtMommy said...

Congratulations, Elizabeth! I am very excited for you! I love your birth story and I love Dr. Cooper. He has helped me through bursting cysts, 3 miscarriages, a high-risk pregnancy, AND he ate the cake off my tray in my hospital room! Love that man! I hope the next six months is uneventful and wonderful.