Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

On Monday Noelle's preschool had their first field trip - to the pumpkin patch! Noelle had the best time ever.

After she picked out her perfect pumpkin she could not get the stinkin' thing in the bag. But, she did NOT want any help from me. Oh, this age is such fun.
Noelle loves her friend Sean. She is so glad they get to go to school together (and he now lives across the street.) We tried to get them to stand together for a picture but it wasn't easy. Eventually Noelle just went straight for her man. That's my girl! :)

Here is a not so good mothering moment. Madeleine was miserable pretty much the whole time we were there and I did not have a stroller so my arms were killing me. It was tough for everyone. At breakfast I tried to feed her some banana and cereal and only wanted a couple of bites so I figured she wasn't hungry. While we were there I tried to give her some of Noelle's sandwich, again, after a few bites she was done. I chalked the misery up to her being really tired. After she slept in her car seat for a little while and we got home she was almost inconsolable. Crying, crying, crying. Finally, I put her in her chair and fed her some some dinner I had blended from the night before. She inhaled two bowels of it and was my happy girl once again. Poor girl was starving.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Don't you love that feeling of figuring out that you have been unknowingly starving your child all day? Horrible, makes me feel like someone is going to show up and take them away from me!
Great pumpkin pictures! So cute!

Anonymous said...

I love Noelle's outfit-she looks so cute and so stylish! Looks like a lot of fun, well at least for her, poor Madeleine baby...but you tried to feed her, she just needed to be home with a big bowl of goodness!

The Family said...

You three looks so cute in your black (and orange). I left Beatrice at my mom's house while we went to the pumpking patch for Franklin's preschool because I know having her would've been a similar experience with Madeleine. So glad you survived! xoxo

Denise Stears said...

I love how you dress them, they always look so cute. I was just noticing that picture of Aaron and those cheerleaders in the last post. I laughed so hard, I love how his arms are straight down to his side, if he moved he might have hit those things popping out of that girl's shirt.

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

sweet little pumpkins... even the starving screaming one! ;)