Friday, January 6, 2012

Month Two

Would you think less of me if I said month two was pretty much a blur, too? 
I love taking care of them but when there is nothing that really distinguishes your days from your nights, you sort of lose track of yourself.  Seeing 1am...2am...3am...4am...5am is not pretty.  Take it from me. 

Just like their older sisters these babies love, love, love the bath. 
Madeleine used to fall asleep, too

We got packages from those we love with sweet, soft clothes. 
Thanks, Ruthie!
Enjoyed every single second of a fall rain storm.
Such a treat in the Land of Enchantment.


Although, they love the bath.  They despise getting out.
*Shiver*

Both of the babies were so much fussier than their sisters as brand new babies. 
It was hard.  Really hard.
The baby blues and anxiety would get to me at times.
Since I could not get myself some retail therapy or spa day 
and they seemed to do better with fresh air,
I often would sit on the back porch and remind myself how blessed I am.
Noelle asked for a photo shoot on this particular day.  

The babies loved to be swaddled and that has not changed. 
No swaddle = no sleep.
Auntie M sent some really cute outfits.

Every evening I ask Aaron the question,
"Who do you want?  Girls or babies?" 
This night he chose the babies. ♥

One evening for Family Night we roasted hot dogs and made s'mores on our fire pit. 
So very yummy....doing these kinds of things with the big girls is the best. 
But, the babies screamed the whole time. 
I hate having to decide who to take care of.  :(


We went to Noellie's school for a family BBQ. 
It is such a blessing that I am able to be home every day. 
It would pain me so to miss out on all these little things.

  Aaron's Grandma is the most amazing quilter.  But, as she has gotten older she is not able to do what she once could.  So, she recruited Aaron's Aunt Barbara to make quilts for the babies.  They are unbelievable!  One quilt in boy colors, the other in girl.  I will treasure them forever.

Spirit week at school.  Here is crazy day.  Only day I got a picture.  :(

 We loved spending afternoons in the backyard, enjoying the wonderful fall weather. 
Can I just say how much I LOVE having a landscaped backyard?! 
 So much better than the sand pit.

And just because she is so darn pretty...

Next up!  Month three, baby blessing, and Balloon Fiesta...

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I want to love on those babies so bad. I think that trying to decide which child to take care of and which child/children to let fend for themselves is PAINFUL. I think there will be a lot of that for us in the future.

Liz Rose said...

I am loving all your blog posts!!! Keep them coming super mama!!! Watched that video of Miss M, oh my---that is just too precious for words. :)
Wish I knew all your babies....my favorite was of the two big girls standing by you at the sink while you were bathing a baby....I just love it. They are watching you, and learning how to be good mamas. :)

karen said...

love your posts. The twins are adorable as are the big girls.