Thursday, November 12, 2009

Both My Babies

Yesterday afternoon Unc called and asked if Noelle could come over for a sleep over. It took us all of about .03 seconds to respond, "YES!" It has been a while and they were long over due for some quality time.

After he came to pick her up, M went down for a nap. I closed my bedroom door on my messy, dirty house and did the same. It felt goooooood.

Then Aaron came home from work early, Liz watched M, and we went to see a movie. Can you believe it!? In the theatre. Not from our couch. On a Wednesday night. We walked into the theatre holding hands and not worrying about anything else. It was fantastic. We have not been on a solo date since child #2. Ridiculous.

The highlight of my story:

When I picked up Noelle today she heard me coming and came running into my arms. When I picked her up she started rubbing my arm with her little hand and said, "Oh, mommy now you have both of your babies again."

2 comments:

The Family said...

What an awesome day...a nap and a date all in one day? It doesn't get any better than that. I'm going out with my huzby tonight to a play. I'm so excited. Maybe I can sneak in a nap beforehand...hmmm, love ya xoxo

julianna said...

alone time is so good. and what a little sweetheart noelley is. i can't think of a more precious thing to come out of a little one's mouth.